Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quotable Quotes

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. -Robert Frost

The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided. -Casey Stengel

I do not want people to be agreaable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. -Jane Austen

When I was born, I was so surprised, I didn't talk for a year and half. -Gracie Allen

I never think of the future-it comes soon enough. -Albert Einstein

When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him "Whose?" -Dorothy L. Sayers

Can one desire too much of a good thing? -William Shakespeare

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. -Bob Dylan

What happens when the future has come and gone? -Robert Half

Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut. -Robert Newton Peck

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. -Jerry Garcia

Interestingly, according to modern astonomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. -Woody Allen.

One meets destiny often on the road one takes to avoid it. -Unkonwn.

I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is two weeks. -Totie Fields

No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one. -Elbert Hubbard

Fear is like that. Like cigarettes or opium. You must have more of it. -Henry Cecil

Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth. -J. K. Rowling

1 comment:

  1. These are indeed good ones ... few of my favorites:
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." ~ Robert Frost.

    "About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the ends." ~ Herbert Hoover

    "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." ~Charles Wadsworth

    ReplyDelete

Those Pesky Household Chores

Ten o' clock at night and I just finished sending the last email of the day. The dinner is done, and the kid is about to go to bed. &quo...